Daylight saving time is a great time to reset your sleep habits, as well as your clock.
If you have trouble sleeping, try the following sleep tips:
- Go to sleep and wake at the same time every day, and avoid spending more time in bed than needed.
- Use bright light to help manage your “body clock.” Avoid bright light in the evening and expose yourself to sunlight in the morning.
- Use your bedroom only for sleep to strengthen the association between your bed and sleep. It may help to remove work materials, computers and televisions from your bedroom.
- Select a relaxing bedtime ritual, like a warm bath or listening to calming music.
- Create a sleep environment that is quiet, dark and cool with a comfortable mattress and pillows.
- Save your worries for the daytime. If concerns come to mind, write them in a “worry book” so you can address those issues the next day.
- If you can’t sleep, go into another room and do something relaxing until you feel tired.
- Exercise regularly … at any time of the day that feels right for you.
If you are experiencing excessive daytime sleepiness, snoring, or “stop breathing” episodes in your sleep, contact your health care professional for a sleep apnea screening.
The right head support can greatly improve how comfortable you feel in bed.Learn more about how these medical devices can make a big difference in nighttime comfort for people with breathing issues.Could you have restless legs syndrome? Learn more about the symptoms so you can talk to your doctor.Sleep Apnea is a sleep disorder in which breathing is briefly and repeatedly interrupted during sleep. Learn how to cope…A frequent need to get up and go to the bathroom to urinate at night is called nocturia. It differs…Nearly one-quarter of all workers have shifts that are not during the daytime, and more than two-thirds of these workers…The Electronics and Sleep infographic highlights how technology affects the modern family and how parents can help design a sleep…Orexin receptor antagonists: A new class of sleeping pill Find out more about orexin, and a new type of sleep…Great news: more than three-fourths (76%) of those surveyed say that they had a good night’s sleep at least a…How you feel about the sleep you get every night is known as sleep satisfaction. Unlike sleep quantity (which objectively…